2/4/13

Don't Forget

"Tonight, I will braid my pigtails and let them go all Medusa. I will plan my next adventure. And I will refuse to let the world tell me who I should be."
Donna Highfill wrote a post on Huffington Post (Post50) "How I Almost Got the Pippi Beaten Out of Me" 

I recommend you read that article - it's just perfect to stop for a moment and think if you still have "Pippi in your heart"

"My 50s have revived the Pippi in me. I have found the power of writing, and a love of conversation that goes deeper than the recent Cosmopolitan quiz. Menopause has removed the capacity for coy behavior or passive flirtation. In fact, it's fortunate that I am not armed"
"Although I want to be physically healthy, the need for perfect beauty is gone. I never achieved that look anyway, because I don't have a person who can airbrush me before I go out the door. And I've never been willing to stop eating so that my clothes could hang on me perfectly. I demand that the fashion industry fit clothes that hang correctly on women who weigh more than their dogs."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy: leave your comment!